18 June 2012

Fights in a Malediction and an artillery Thrasher


I have been having a little more luck this week as far as kills vs losses are concerned.And I must say that I am very happy about that. It is great for my morale.

First off I got a unexpected kill when making new bookmarks in 6-CZ46 (my old ones had been compromised by Agony earlier in the week). While bookmarking a little Rifter started hanging around the Reblier gate. I was in a Malediction so after I was finished making my bookmarks I though what the hell, lets go for it. He obviously wanted to fight. I warped to him as he was sitting near a warp disruption bubble set my orbit , scrammed his ship and started shooting.

I expected him to have autocannons fitted so my idea was to orbit a 5 km , keep him scrammed and webbed and tank any damage with my small armor rep. The 5km would make sure I could keep my Nosferatu  running to fuel the rep while decreasing his DPS on me by staying at the edge of his turret falloff (about 7km). And the wonderful range of rockets allowed me to do full DPS on him at the same time.

This all went surprisingly well and the Rifter popped rather quickly while I didn't have to use my repper once. And as it turns out he was artillery fit. That is one of the the wonderful things about EVE I think,  people fly all kind of exotic fits:). I just never really know what to expect, I just always assume the worst.


A couple of days later I took a Thrasher out to play which had been sitting in my hangar for some time. It is artillery fit and I stole the fitting from Iczer X01 who made a video a while back using it. Here is the link: Link to Iczer vid Soloing PVP v2. Go check it out I think its really good.

You don't need glasses, the image is blurry ;)

The tactics involved with this fit are very simular to that of the Coercer. The idea is to keep distance between the ship and the opponent as long as you can and kill it before it can get too close to scram and orbit. It something catches you you are dead. The artillery turrets will never track anything orbiting close.

The Thrasher has the advantage over the Coercer of having a warp disrupter so I can prevent ships from warping away when they notice they are loosing and its faster as well. The DPS is not that good though: 150 (with my skills)  and 175 overheated. Primary target of this ship are frigates and slower destroyers. I can't imagine it taking on cruisers and such. But I can be wrong.

What I would do when presented with an opponent is to wait till they approach then align to a celestial and  fly as fast as I could away from the target while they try to intercept. When in range it is a matter of activating the turrets and see what happens and manage heat of course.

This way I managed to down a Taranis with the Thrasher in 6-CZ49. I think the person was surprised by the arty fitted as most Thrashers are shield tank autocannon brawler as far as I have seen in Syndicate. He engaged very aggressively and  noticed to late what was happening I assume.  By the time he did it was too late. It took 5 salvo's to take it down. The alfastrike of the artillery guns was impressive to see and the Ranis had little tank of course. Got some nice loot from his wreck too. Sweet.

Killboard Link











No comments:

Post a Comment