20 June 2012

Three Rifters, a Thrasher, one good fight.

This sunday I probably had my most successful solo fight of my career so far.

Roaming Syndicate late in the evening in my artillery Thrasher I ended up  in JH-M2 . Different gangs were roaming the area and I was following the most traveled routes using an IGB tracker website (I'll link it below).

At one of the gates I found a group of Agony T1 frigates.  I guess waiting for information from a scout or something, I don't know, but it was a perfect opportunity for me to try and get get a good fight.

So I warped to the gate at about 30 or 50km,can't remember exactly. I just know that I didn't want to get too close to them while also wanting to be close enough to be an interesting target. Having experienced Agony members before in fights and knowing they were in a gang I assumed they would not find my single Thrasher too threatening. 

My plan was to burn from the gate as they would give chase and pop as many of them as I could before the would get close and swarm me. If they could get on top of me  it would be game over for my ship.

Unfortunately a heavy interdictor landed at the gate at the same time as I did. Apparently he also having a mind to catch a few T1 frigs. Soon to be followed by a small battlecruiser gang consisting mostly of Hurricanes. So it was time for me to bail and warp to a tac on the same gate.

The Agony gang jumped when the dictor arrived, I think. They lost 1 frigate in the process if I recall correctly. They still had a Ares on the grid who decided it had an appetite for Thrashers. In other words; it was going fullspeed for my ship :). Gotta love those interceptor pilots who burn 250km to a target.

Nothing much came out of that fight between me and the Ares. Except for me having to leave the grid. I did my standard protocol flying this type of ship when he approached> align, keep my distance as long as possible and let him fly into my DPS but that didn't work with this guy. He changed course after getting hit a few times and evaded the rest of my shots. Time to warp out. I had mistakenly overheated my MWD to long and it burned out. Time to leave and repair.

A few minutes later, Round2. AT the same gate I warp to my tactical bookmark and an Agony Rifter arrives at a tac on grid as well. I figure his friends can't be far off so I warp to the gate and jump, guessing he will follow with some friends.  I burn from the gate right away to get some distance between me and my attackers when they come thru and set my modules for overheated operation.

Moments later the Rifter arrives and starts to burn right towards me. Perfect. When in range (30km on those arties :) yay!) I open fire and he pops. 2 of his friends jump in, in Rifters, as well. They give chase and I lock em up and they pop .. that went faster than I expected. But in the mean time more people arrived thru the gate, the Ares , an Incursus and 2 Merlins.. I go for the Ares first but can't get enough DPS on him. He evades my guns and when he comes closer he scrams me. I switch to the Incursus thinking I might be able to take him down before my ship blows up. He is coming dangerously close.. 15km.. and closing. I get him to structure before I get webbed, and he is orbiting me soon after. The fight is then over for me. 

My Thrasher pops and I warp my pod to safety. When checking my killmail/lossmail I noticed a few cruisers had been present as well, I never noticed them :D. That tends to happen to me more often. 

Three kills in one fight, best I have done so far. The sacrifice of a Thrasher was worth it to me. And four kills in one ship (1 Ranis and the 3 from this fight), pretty sweet. To bad I didn't get the Incursus but hey, there is always room for improvement. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment