29 May 2012

Combat log 290512

Starsystem: PC9-AY, Syndicate
Coercer (me) vs Thrasher & Drake
 
I lost a Coercer today because I underestimated a situation. 

I was sitting 100km from a gate when the Thrasher warped in at 100km from me. Nothing really happened because we both didn't approach eachother. I didn't burn for him because I knew I needed to kite him as much as I could so I ideally I would like him to approach me. But  he didn't move either. So I moved away and warped to the gate to see if he might follow. To my surpise he was only 100km away from the gate so it is clear that plan won't work :) I kinda expected him to be further away. 

Anyway I let my ship just sit at the gate to watch his next move and the scanner to see if anyone else shows up. Eventually the Thrasher did burn for me full speed so I accepted the invitation by flying away from the gate and at the same time get in position to activate my MWD when he came in range of my lasors.  Everything seemed to be going to plan until a Drake arrived on grid, on the gate. This is just as the Thrasher got into range and I needed to start focussing on my MWD timing.. I realized then that I was well within range of the Drake HML's and I aligned to a planet to warp out. But.. I change my mind and decide to forget the Drake (smart move ;) ) for now as we were moving away from it fast and I really wanted kill the Thrasher. The Thrasher was going down quit well but was getting dangerously close (I should have activated the MWD sooner). 

Then , a few seconds later, my ship blew up.. as the HML's hit from the Drake... I did get my pod out though fortunatly.

In hindsight I should have warped out and maybe try to separate  the Thrasher  if I could. The Drake hit me for full damage because of my activated MWD and this Coercer just doesn't have the tank to take that punishment. It was silly to ignore the Drake. Anyways.. lesson learned.

This little Coercer sure earned its costs. 125mil in kills + loot worth about 15mil for a 25mil ship loss. Pretty good I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment