29 May 2012

Cormorant brawler fit

After my experience with the Coercer I have become very interested in flying more Destroyers so I have been playing around in EFT to assemble dessy fits that could be interesting to use. 

One of them that I like is this one for the Cormorant:

[Cormorant, Solo blaster TD ]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I
Tracking Disruptor II, Optimal Range Disruption Script
Warp Scrambler II

Light Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Small 'Knave' Energy Drain

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

Ammo: Null, Void and Faction Antimatter 

The theory:
The idea is to get in close with it and beat the crap out of anything in range of its guns.  What I like about it is that the Cormorant has room for the TD.  which will give it an advantage over other close range brawlers like the AC Thrasher or the blaster Catalyst. The TD will cut their optimal & falloff  down 50% while the Cormorant will be firing at its optimal. Now a faster ship like a frig or a Thrasher might compensate for that by closing to .0 range range but still .. not sure if people expect it and it might just give me the advantage I need to come out on top in a 1v1 fight.

The tank is alright.. ish with an overheated Invul. But I'll need to see how it works out in the wild. 
I originally had 7 ion blasters in this fit but I found it a bit too critical on cap so I added the Nos in exchange for a electron blaster. The difference is 2 DPS and some range but that might be worth it.

I managed to kill an Enyo in it on sisi and I think it has the potential to take on bigger targets as well like cruisers and T3 BC's if I can catch them unawares. And maybe, just maybe BC's but that could be wishful thinking. I

Downsides:
  • It won't outrun anything, and it can be easily kited
  • it is very vulnerable to neuts, 
  • it is only really good for 1v1, 2+ opponents will become a problem real fast.
Possible targets; 
  • Frigs,
  • Intercepters,
  • AF's,
  • Cruisers,
  • Tier 3 BC's 
 

2 comments:

  1. If you were to fly this against battlecruisers, I would say drop the TD for a Medium shield extender, just because of drones.

    Depending on the t1 cruiser, I think this would work fine.

    I don't think the TD will affect thrashers enough to let you win, but I might be wrong. in my experience, thrashers usually fit a tank, and they have a tracking speed bonus if I recall correctly. Once you apply the scram, alot of transversal gained by them orbiting with MWD on will be gone.

    I don't know, it's a hard call because so many players, both old and new to PvP will fly them. It might just be a hit and miss proposition against Thrashers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrasher are going to be though for sure depending on the pilot.

      Delete