23 March 2012

Evaluation (part 2)

I have decided to start flying cruisers to learn PvP from now on. 

I have come to the conclusion that I have been flying to many types of ships so I need to narrow it down. My experience with that Harby tells me it would be good to get used to one type of ship and learn that one well before I progress to other ships. The Harby won't do though, it is too expensive. I need something cheap and simple to fly. 

I also noticed that I have a hard time piloting , managing my ships modules and keeping situational awareness all at the same time. Usually I find myself fixated on managing my mods and so far I have been using ships with many active modules, active tanks and such because they are just very cool. I just love seeing my tank climb back during a fight. But it does take a bit of management of the mods and the cap and right now I haven't got the skills to do that and focus on flying as well. So its better if I keep my fits simple with as few active mods as possible. Then I can focus on piloting and learn that before I get into more complicated fits.

So this means ships with buffer tank, a prop mod. scram/point and guns and preferably nothing more.

A shield Rupture or Thorax will probably be my new ride. I have been testing both on sisi to see how they feel and perform.   Both seem to work well but the Rupture is faster, more agile  and has better range on its guns.The Thorax has more a little more hp and dps. Both seem fine but I'll stick to the Rupture for now.

I have also considered Assault ships because they seem fun and they seem to be able to engage the same spectrum of targets as the cruiser. But I don't want to get into frigs right now. And they are more expensive.

I can't wait to start. But first I am moving my operation to Verge vendor.


3 comments:

  1. Have you considered a Maller? You might be surprised at how good it looks on paper. The fitting is a bit tight, but you by the looks of it it can be a really mean brawling laser cruiser, especially with conflag loaded.

    I'm trying to find a situation to test it out, but curse is little unforgiving for solo PvP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Yeah I have. I have played around in EFT with a few Maller fits but could not find one that I think would work. If you have any suggestions feel free to send me an eve mail with the fit (VR highfive is also my name in game). As far as the Amarr line of cruisers is concerned the Arbitrator is the only one that seems decent. I have roamed with it but it is too complicated to fly right for me now .

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete