4 June 2012

Cormorant MkII

I am very fond of the Cormorant at the moment so I have been playing around in EFT trying to make it better than the earlier fit that I already liked. Yesterday after a few pretty bad fights this weekend and losses I logged onto Sisi to test a little bit and. I found, to my surprise ,  I had a fit from a weeks ago in the hangar there that is actually a little better than my previous MkI fit. 

[Cormorant, Solo blaster Web]
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

Light Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Small 'Knave' Energy Drain

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Core defence Field Extender I

In comparison tho the other fit that I discussed earlier it has 1500EHP more but 30 DPS less.

I also traded the TD for a web. More on that later.. 

Personally I prob prefer this for over my earlier one. It has more survivability than the MkI and the 1500 EHP is prob. more beneficial than the extra 30DPS of the MkI. For instance If I am fighting versus  an opponent that does around 250 DPS  which is about what a AF or Dessy can put out (aprox.) then that is 6 seconds extended  life for my ship.

I have tried to calculate what the  effect would be of the reduction in DPS and if the MkI could do more DPS before it died than the the MkII but there are just so many variables that it is just really hard to take all of those into consideration. And it is all very  theoretical.

Now , about the web.

First of all I feel I need to say that I am still very much finding my way in what works on pvp fits and not, how certain modules and ammo work in fights and in what situation they work best. I am learning this by trial and error. This was also the case with the web/TD choice.

As much as I love the TD I think, judging from my experience in the last few days, that the web is prob the wisest choice because it is more useful in more situations. I am pretty sure that I would have killed that Crusader a few days ago if I had a web. So for smaller, faster stuff it is better than having a TD I think. Stil figuring this out though.

My impression now is that  the TD is great for things like the arty Wolf/Thrasher or a slicer and other small things that try to kite where I can force them to come close by cutting down their optimals/falloff.  So the web is prob more useful in general hence I put in on there. Anyways.. still more experience needs to be gained :). I will still fly with the TD, there many arty Thrashers out there you know.

Can't wait to try this fit, lets see how it works out.

Yeah I cheated , I put a speed rig in there ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment